- To get things done by building and renovating houses with low-income families
- To strengthen communities by enabling the affiliates to utilize more volunteers more effectively, bringing together diverse partners in a common cause
- To develop skills in construction, communication, and leadership by serving as crew leaders or office personnel on a daily basis
- To acquire a sense of citizenship through service, reflection and the inspiration gained by working alongside hundreds of volunteers
- Job training and new and transferable skills for the future
- Living allowance of $12,530 paid over 46 ½ weeks
- Health plan benefits. Members are eligible to enroll in a Affordable Care Act compliant health plan.
- Child care, if eligible
- Segal Education award of $5,775. The education awards are paid as vouchers by the National Service Trust, and may be redeemed within seven years to pay for current education costs at qualified colleges, universities, other post-secondary institutions and approved school-to-work programs, or to pay back qualified student loans already incurred.
- Forbearance of qualified student loans and payment of interest that accrues during the term of service. Go to the AmeriCorps website to see if your loan would qualify.
- Pensacola Habitat provides the option of rent free housing.
- A sincere desire to serve combined with an understanding of why one wishes to serve
- Past history of service participation with Habitat or other non-profits
- Leadership experience and ability
- Good communication skills
- Ability and interest in working with a team
- Patience and flexibility
- For construction positions – construction experience or experience that required significant time spent outdoors
- High school/GED required; associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Experience working with diverse populations, experience working with low income families preferred
For office positions – experience with Microsoft Office programs, excellent written and oral communication skills. We recommend that you highlight these attributes in your cover letter and interview.
Get Started Now!
- Review position descriptions which are posted late spring.
- Complete an application for a position.
- Send your cover letter and resume to our Host Site Manager at email@example.com
- Interviewing begins in May. In person interviews will be conducted for local applicants, while phone/Skype interviews are conducted for applicants residing outside of Pensacola.
- Invited applicants will be asked to complete background check and a potential phone interview with Habitat International.
Please note: For consideration by Pensacola Habitat, we recommend that you both apply through www.habitat.org/americorps and also send a cover letter and resume directly to our Host Site Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Sending your application to us directly assures that we receive your application in most timely manner.